Cross platform support

Discuss anything related to product development
jurrien.de.klerk

Cross platform support

Post by jurrien.de.klerk »

Hello All,

Cross platform applications is one of the selling points from the company I work for and C++11 makes me happy so reading about CoperSpice gives me a warm feeling :D. I was wondering though, are you guys planning to support iOS as well? And do you have any ETA on when you support Android. Currently we are investigating on whether we should start using a new GUI library, having support for iOS and Android would really help me sell the library to my colleagues.
Thanks for the good work :)
best regards,

Jurrien
ansel

Re: Cross platform support

Post by ansel »

Hello Jurrien,

Thank you for looking at CopperSpice. Android support is definitely on our radar but we do not currently have an ETA.

As for iOS support, the situation is more complex from a legal standpoint. CopperSpice is licensed under the LGPL, so end users must be allowed to re-link any CopperSpice application with a new version of CopperSpice. It is difficult to support this requirement on iOS, making distribution of an iOS application that uses any LGPL library rather tricky.

We will keep watching the state of the iOS distribution channel and hopefully will be able to make progress in that direction at some point.

We look forward to your continued input and your feedback. If you have any further questions, we are here to help.

Thank you,

Ansel Sermersheim
CopperSpice Cofounder
Ansel Sermersheim
CopperSpice Cofounder