Android and iOS support?

grant

Android and iOS support?

Post by grant »

Hi,

I'm very excited about CopperSpice using modern c++. However, the key thing that Qt, Xamarin, and other frameworks offer is the ability to write one code base for the newly important platforms of the modern cell phone. After recently selecting Qt, I had decided that I could forgo having a webapp, because I could offer my application on both mobile and desktop, so no browser version was really necessary.

You must have thought about this issue, but I don't see mention of it.

What are your plans for cell phones?

++Regards
Grant
cppmsg.com
ansel

Re: Android and iOS support?

Post by ansel »

Hi Grant,

Work on Android support is on our roadmap and will begin later this year. There were other items that we needed to put in place first, like support for CMake, C++14, threading, Unicode 8.0, etc. Our contributor list has grown and we are working out the details of how to proceed in this area. Please let us know if you are interested in participating in this effort.

Thanks,
Ansel
Ansel Sermersheim
CopperSpice Cofounder
grant

Post by grant »

Sorry, I don't have the experience to tackle that sort of project in any major way. I may test the Android stuff and may be able to do some documentation.
grant

Post by grant »

Once a qualified leader is in place and moving forward with those components, I may be able to provide some coding assistance but only under focused supervision. :)