The application failed to start because the platform plugin was not found or did not load.

Report any problems with CopperSpice
baraujo

The application failed to start because the platform plugin was not found or did not load.

Post by baraujo »

Installed:
https://download.copperspice.com/copperspice/binary/cs-1.6/setup-CopperSpice-MSVC-release-1.6.1-x64.exe

Requested Plugin Key: "windows"

Reinstalling the application may resolve this problem.

I remember when using qt4 I used to have this issue and it was related with QT_QPA_PLATFORM_PLUGIN_PATH but not sure what is going on here as I can't find a platforms directory.
barbara

Re: The application failed to start because the platform plugin was not found or did not load.

Post by barbara »

Can you let us know what application fails to start?

Have you looked in KitchenSink at the src/CMakelists.txt file. Towards the end of this file are two CMake functions we wrote: cs_copy_library() and cs_copy plugins(). Calling cs_copy_plugin(CsGui) will install the platform GUI plugin to "/platforms".

Just in case you want to know where these are defined: copperspice/cmake/CopperSpiceDeploy.cmake

Barbara
baraujo

Re: The application failed to start because the platform plugin was not found or did not load.

Post by baraujo »

Thanks for the answer. It is probably that.
I am trying to port a Qt app to CopperSpice.
I added the lib dirs to the path but didn't add those lines to my Cmake file.
barbara

Post by barbara »

I added the lib dirs to the path but didn't add those lines to my Cmake file.
Based on your question we updated the CopperSpice Overview documentation. Please have a look at the following page for an example:

* https://www.copperspice.com/docs/cs_overview/deployment-libraries.html

Since you are converting an application I wanted to make sure you knew about this other page in the same documentation:

* https://www.copperspice.com/docs/cs_overview/cs-peppermill.html#cs-migration

Barbara
baraujo

Post by baraujo »

Thanks for the help. It now works fine. Are these messages in the console normal?

QWindowsIA2Accessible::QI() - IID: IID_IAccessible , iface: QAccessibleInterface(0x23ad18d58a0 name= role= childc=3 obj=QMenu(11d68c2ff)rect=QRect(657,249 93x59))
QWindowsIA2Accessible::QI() - IID: IID_IAccessible , iface: QAccessibleInterface(0x23ad18d58a0 name= role= childc=3 obj=QMenu(11d68c2ff)rect=QRect(657,249 93x59))
QAccessibleInterface(0x23ad1889170 name=Exit role= obj=QAction(5cdf57f9)focusedrect=QRect(660,283 86x22)) long __cdecl QWindowsMsaaAccessible::get_accRole(struct tagVARIANT,struct tagVARIANT *)
barbara

Post by barbara »

Are these messages in the console normal?
They are normal if you are using a system with certain accessibility features available.

We are moving some of these messages behind a CS_SHOW_DEBUG macro setting. If you find some of these too noisy let us know and we can move specific ones. If you are are so inclined, happy to have you submit a patch or pull request.

Barbara
baraujo

Post by baraujo »

It doesn't bother me. Works very well. I am impressed how easy it is coming from Qt and the cmake build seems very polished.
After doing cmake install everything ran fine.
baraujo

Post by baraujo »

I downloaded v1.7 release dlls and still had these debug prints.
I don't mind these messages in debug mode but in release would be nice to not have them.