Fedora CsMultiMedia bug

Report any problems with CopperSpice
seasoned_geek

Fedora CsMultiMedia bug

Post by seasoned_geek »

All,

Perhaps it is all RPM based distros with this bug? Until I had to add multimedia to play a wav file for RedDiamond I didn't notice.

CopperSpiceLibraryTargets.cmake

On Debian platforms you get this:

Code: Select all

set_target_properties(CopperSpice::CsMultimedia PROPERTIES
INTERFACE_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES "${_IMPORT_PREFIX}/include/copperspice/QtMultimedia;
/usr/include/gstreamer-1.0;
/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu;
/usr/include/glib-2.0;
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/include"
INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES "CopperSpice::CsCore;CopperSpice::CsGui;CopperSpice::CsNetwork;CopperSpice::CsOpenGL"
)
I added some returns to make things more readable.

On RPM based distros (Fedora 36 and Fedora 40) you get this

INTERFACE_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES "${_IMPORT_PREFIX}/include/copperspice/QtMultimedia;
/usr/include/glib-2.0;
/usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include/copperspice;
/usr/include/sysprof-4"
  INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES "CopperSpice::CsCore;CopperSpice::CsGui;CopperSpice::CsNetwork;CopperSpice::CsOpenGL"
)
You will note the addition of copperspice to the end of the glib-2.0/include line. This is just wrong.

-- Configuring done (2.7s)
CMake Error in src/CMakeLists.txt:
  Imported target "CopperSpice::CsMultimedia" includes non-existent path

"/usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include/copperspice"

in its INTERFACE_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES.  Possible reasons include:

* The path was deleted, renamed, or moved to another location.

* An install or uninstall procedure did not complete successfully.

* The installation package was faulty and references files it does not
  provide.
At first I thought my Fedora 36 VM had gotten corrupted, so I created a Fedora 40 VM and ran the same install scripts only to find the same error.

I'm going to do a hack-a-round in the RPM build script using sed, but there is obviously something really wrong.

Never had to use multimedia before so I cannot say if the problem started with 1.8.2 and my Jan 3, 2024 merge or is an old bug.

There are __always__ problems with Fedora. I put it off until last because, in my experience, it is the least tested distro out there. Here's hoping you get OpenSuSE officially supported.
barbara

Re: Fedora CsMultiMedia bug

Post by barbara »

I opened the "CopperSpiceLibraryTargets.cmake" file located in our Fedora 36 binary release (CS 1.9.1), dated Feb 19 2024. The binary distribution is located on our CS download page and also on our CS github page.

We also tested CSMultimedia in KitchenSink using the Music Player and did not experience any issues playing an mp3 file. The two lines highlighted in blue are different from what you reported. Can you tell us what CMake arguments you are passing when you build CS?
INTERFACE_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES "${_IMPORT_PREFIX}/include/QtMultimedia;
/usr/include/glib-2.0;
/usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include;
/usr/include/sysprof-4"
)
Barbara