Doxypress installation on Mac

Discuss issues related to installing or building
couet

Doxypress installation on Mac

Post by couet »

I would like to try DoxyPress on our documentation currently managed with Doxygen.
https://root.cern/doc/master/index.html

I have installed the Doxypress App. Using it, I managed to convert the Doxyfile into Doxyfile.json.

Then from the App I pressed "Run Doxypress" button. But all I get is:

Code: Select all

Initializing project file
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/opt/llvm@3.8/lib/llvm-3.8/lib/libclang.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/DoxyPress.app/Contents/MacOS/doxypress
  Reason: image not found

** DoxyPress aborted
OSX: 10.13.4
Xcode: Version 9.3 (9E145)
couet

Re: Doxypress installation on Mac

Post by couet »

Any news about this question ?
ansel

Post by ansel »

Thank you for reporting this. I started to look at it today but I should have posted a note to let you know we are working on it. I will make sure to do that in the future. It appears that there is a packaging issue with the currently released OS X binary for DoxyPress. The clang binary should be provided but instead, DoxyPress is looking for the version that would be provided by a version of clang installed using homebrew.

We will work to package clang and the other dependencies to make this a seamless experience. It may take a bit of work to figure out how to package all the necessary pieces correctly. In the meantime, I can offer you a workaround suggestion. You can install homebrew from https://brew.sh/ and then install clang using the following commands:

Code: Select all

brew tap homebrew/versions
brew install --build-from-source llvm@3.8
Thanks again for letting us know about this issue.
Ansel Sermersheim
CopperSpice Cofounder
couet

Post by couet »

Many thanks for your reply, and thanks for the workaround !
I am a bit reluctant to use "brew" which, in the past, made some "mess" on my Mac.
I would prefer to wait for a working version "out of the box" using the downloaded app.

Moreover I have llvm on my mac for the ROOT project, installing a new llvm with brew may screw up my system.