clang-related problems building DoxyPress 1.2.11 on mint

Discuss anything related to product development
marlowa

clang-related problems building DoxyPress 1.2.11 on mint

Post by marlowa »

Hello everyone,

I get this clang-related error trying to build DoxyPress-1.2.11 on mint 18 (g++-5.4.0):

Code: Select all

g++ -std=c++14 -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"DoxyPress\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"doxypress\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"1.2.11\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"DoxyPress\ 1.2.11\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"info@copperspice.com\" -DPACKAGE_URL=\"\" -DPACKAGE=\"doxypress\" -DVERSION=\"1.2.11\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DLT_OBJDIR=\".libs/\" -DHAVE_CXX14=1 -DHAVE_FORK=1 -DHAVE_GETPID=1 -DSIZEOF_SIZE_T=8 -I.     -I/home/marlowa/mystuff/tools/copperspice-1.4.4/include -I/home/marlowa/mystuff/tools/copperspice-1.4.4/include/QtCore -I/home/marlowa/mystuff/tools/copperspice-1.4.4/include/QtXml -I../src  -g -O2 -MT src/doxy_work.o -MD -MP -MF $depbase.Tpo -c -o src/doxy_work.o ../src/doxy_work.cpp &&\
mv -f $depbase.Tpo $depbase.Po
In file included from ../src/doxy_work.cpp:60:0:
../src/parse_clang.h:23:27: fatal error: clang-c/Index.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
Makefile:1093: recipe for target 'src/doxy_work.o' failed
make[2]: *** [src/doxy_work.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/marlowa/mystuff/DoxyPress-1.2.11/bin'
Makefile:707: recipe for target 'all' failed
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/marlowa/mystuff/DoxyPress-1.2.11/bin'
Makefile:406: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
barbara

Re: clang-related problems building DoxyPress 1.2.11 on mint

Post by barbara »

Linux Mint is not a supported platform at this time.

Based on your error report it appears that you are missing the clang development package. You will need to build clang from source. The following link, "Parsing with Clang" is in our DoxyPress documentation and explains this process for other platforms.

http://www.copperspice.com/docs/doxypress/parsing.html

Barbara
marlowa

Re: clang-related problems building DoxyPress 1.2.11 on mint

Post by marlowa »

barbara wrote:Linux Mint is not a supported platform at this time.
Based on your error report it appears that you are missing the clang development package. You will need to build clang from source. The following link, "Parsing with Clang" is in our DoxyPress documentation and explains this process for other platforms.
http://www.copperspice.com/docs/doxypress/parsing.html
Barbara
Well, it certainly looks that way but I have built clang from source by downloading the latest llvm. There is no trace of that file in the build directory. The 'parsing with clang' webpage, http://www.copperspice.com/docs/doxypress/parsing.html, talks about how to build doxypress with clang and it will be great when I get to that stage, but I cannot see that header file when I build clang. I must be doing something wrong.

I am hestiant to ask for help in building clang on this forum. After all, there are probably clang forms I could ask in. But I would have thought that doxypress developers must do this. Unless on supported platforms all they need to do it download the package.

At this rate I may have to press a scratch machine into service with a linux install of a supported platform.