problem with ifnot directive in doxypress 1.3.1

Discuss anything related to product development
marlowa

problem with ifnot directive in doxypress 1.3.1

Post by marlowa »

Hello everyone,

I've just found that doxypress 1.3.1 doesnt seem to handle the ifnot directive that doxygen has.
I had some code that looked like this:

Code: Select all

\if MY_TAG
blah blah
\endif
\ifnot MY_TAG
more blah
\endif
And it complained about found \endif without matching start. My guess is that it does not recognise \ifnot.
barbara

Re: problem with ifnot directive in doxypress 1.3.1

Post by barbara »

I used the code shown below and there were no warnings. The output was exactly what we expected for the "detailed documentation" so \ifnot appears to be working. If you rework our example to produce a warning please let us know.
Documenting class TagTest.
This text will appear in the output since MY_TAG is false. ( GOOD, this should show up in the output )
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Code: Select all

/**
Documenting class TagTest.

\if MY_TAG
This text should NOT appear in the output.
\endif

\ifnot MY_TAG
This text will appear in the output since MY_TAG is false. ( GOOD, this should show up in the output )
\endif
*/

class TagTest 
{
};
marlowa

Re: problem with ifnot directive in doxypress 1.3.1

Post by marlowa »

barbara wrote:I used the code shown below and there were no warnings. The output was exactly what we expected for the "detailed documentation" so \ifnot appears to be working. If you rework our example to produce a warning please let us know.
You're right. After a bit more investigation I found what the problem was - the header file contained non-ASCII text! There were some special quote characters, and they cause the issue. It was 146 decimal which is a right single quote from the extended ASCII character set. I don't want these characters in the source but you can guess how they get there, so I think doxypress will have to cope with them.