Enh Rqst for doxpress 1.3.5: command line arguments

Discuss anything related to product development
marlowa

Enh Rqst for doxpress 1.3.5: command line arguments

Post by marlowa »

Hello everyone,

I want to see the doxypress command line support a GNU style command line. I hope the doxypress developers will seriously consider this please. That means a hyphen followed by a single letter or a double hyphen followed by a word. For example, the help option would be specified by either -h or --help. This is the GNU way.

Why the GNU way? Well, why not? If we don't do it the GNU way then it's either the Unix was or completely ad-hoc. The Unix way is for single letters (parsed using getopt) and I hope we all agree that single letters is too cryptic for many.

The trouble for implementors with offering a GNU style command line is that there is no standard class library to help you. And if there were it would then be a dependency for doxypress. So I realise this is not a completely trivial enhancement request. Still, if you don't ask, you don't get!
barbara

Re: Enh Rqst for doxpress 1.3.5: command line arguments

Post by barbara »

Thanks for your suggestion. We currently support --h and --help. We have the infrastructure set up so we can easily add -h. I am guessing you would like this same single dash for all the single character options.

We will make these changes next week after CppCon 2019.

Barbara
barbara

Re: Enh Rqst for doxpress 1.3.5: command line arguments

Post by barbara »

This has been updated and the changes were pushed to github. We anticipate a new release of DoxyPress towards the beginning of November 2019.

Barbara