Enh rqst for DoxyPressApp: creating json from doxygen

Discuss anything related to product development
marlowa

Enh rqst for DoxyPressApp: creating json from doxygen

Post by marlowa »

I notice that when you use the tool for converting a doxygen config file to a doxypress json file, there are a few of things that could be improved:
  • * it could start the file browser in the directory you are actually in. That seems a better default to me.
    * then you save the json file the default directory should be the same place that you picked up the doxygen config file.
    * the default name of the created json file should be based on the input filename (with the .cfg suffix removed).
    * The .json suffix should be added if not given by the user.
ansel

Re: Enh rqst for DoxyPressApp: creating json from doxygen

Post by ansel »

Thank you for your feedback.

We have added these to our list of pending issues and will investigate.
Ansel Sermersheim
CopperSpice Cofounder
barbara

Post by barbara »

marlowa wrote:I notice that when you use the tool for converting a doxygen config file to a doxypress json file, there are a few of things that could be improved:
  • * it could start the file browser in the directory you are actually in. That seems a better default to me.
    * then you save the json file the default directory should be the same place that you picked up the doxygen config file.
    * the default name of the created json file should be based on the input filename (with the .cfg suffix removed).
* it could start the file browser in the directory you are actually in.
DoxyPressApp uses the last folder or path when a file browser window is opened. The path is then saved in the DoxyPressApp configuration files (a json file).

Resolved in next release (1.2.2 pending in April)

* the default name of the created json file should be based on the input filename

* the .json suffix should be added if not given by the user.
No extension is added on Unix platforms since file extensions are not handled natively by the OS dialog. We show the .json extension is automatically appended on Windows.

Please let us know if you have any questions about these items.

Barbara
marlowa

Post by marlowa »

barbara wrote:
marlowa wrote:I notice that when you use the tool for converting a doxygen config file to a doxypress json file, there are a few of things that could be improved:
[snip]
* the default name of the created json file should be based on the input filename
Barbara
I tested this in version 1.2.4 and it still seems to be an issue. I converted doxygen.full.cfg and the json file was called doxygen.json, not doxygen.full.json.
marlowa

Post by marlowa »

marlowa wrote:
barbara wrote:
[snip]* the default name of the created json file should be based on the input filename
Barbara
I tested this in version 1.2.4 and it still seems to be an issue. I converted doxygen.full.cfg and the json file was called doxygen.json, not doxygen.full.json.
I tested this in version 1.3.1 and it still seems to be an issue. I converted doxygen.full.cfg and the json file was called doxygen.json, not doxygen.full.json.
barbara

Post by barbara »

We are aware the file name should respect the full file name. As it was not our highest priority I moved it to our next release, version 1.3.2 due out in mid September.

Our last release contained a large number of changes related to the new UTF-8 string class. DoxyPress clang parsing was updated to use libClang 6.0.1 which adds support for C++17 and C++2a. If our time line is lagging please feel free to submit a pull request. We do greatly value all of your testing and continued usage of DoxyPress.

Please let us know anything we have left out of the product which would add value for our customers.

Barbara