[BUG ?] Doxypress crash parsing a single header file...

Discuss how to use DoxyPress
FullAlquimista

[BUG ?] Doxypress crash parsing a single header file...

Post by FullAlquimista »

Hi all!
I am learning how to program in C++ and on youtube learn about CopperSpice and started using it.
It´s a great library and I started using the Doxypress too for documenting what I am doing. But after inserting this header on my project started to experience a crash. I will try to attach the files. I am running Doxypress 1.4.0 x64

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HK6-mNoj-n0pDQBv5dl_TmPp2W1F-h5i/view?usp=sharing

ps. I am enjoying the videos on C ++, a very good resource! I really hope and wish you have a million views on thouse videos and the recognition you deserve!!

Thanks.
And I am sorry about my english, I speak just a little.
barbara

Re: [BUG ?] Doxypress crash parsing a single header file...

Post by barbara »

Thanks so much for posting the files.

Can you let us know what error you received? Just a short description will be fine.
FullAlquimista

Post by FullAlquimista »

It freezes for a while about 2 seconds and then close the program without warning or messages.
barbara

Post by barbara »

We did an initial test and running from the command line the output is generated with no issues.

doxypress [your_path]/copia.json

This seems to be something with DoxyPressApp and we will investigate.

Barbara
barbara

Post by barbara »

We did a bit more debugging and have found a few more things.

As we briefly mentioned, your docs are generated if you run from a command prompt. However there are errors in your header file. To view the errors we suggest saving them to a file by changing your project settings.

- From Build Settings, Messages, enter something like "error.log" to save all warnings to a file.

It seems DoxyPressApp was crashing on this warning message due some characters not being displayed correctly. This is something we are testing and will correct. Thank you for reporting this problem.

Now to address the issues with your header file.

1 On line 62 and 68 you need to remove the "@fn" since your docs are inline.

2 The next issue is this Signal and Slot documentation was not being picked up. Unncheck the following tag in your project file.

- From Build Settings, Preprocessor, "Skip function Macro"

If you have other questions please let us know.
FullAlquimista

Post by FullAlquimista »

Thank you very much Barbara! I will make the changes you mentioned, I was strugling with that.