Does DoxyPress support FORTRAN?

Discuss how to use DoxyPress
CandL

Does DoxyPress support FORTRAN?

Post by CandL »

I searched the online doc for the "FORTRAN" symbol and got zero responses.
barbara

Re: Does DoxyPress support FORTRAN?

Post by barbara »

DoxyPress is a fork of Doxygen and we have retained support of of all computer languages and output formats. Our original reason for developing DoxyPress was to provide CopperSpice API documentation. We use modern C++ ( like variadic templates, override, and constexpr ) and found it was not possible to accurately document these.

Over time we have rewritten major sections of the program to use modern C++, corrected various outputs, and add full support for generating C++ documentation using clang.

We do support Fortran although it may not be as heavily used as C++. I know the searching capabilities are a bit lacking but it is listed on these pages:

https://www.copperspice.com/docs/doxypress/features.html
https://www.copperspice.com/docs/doxypress/topic-cmd-gen.html

Barbara
CandL

Post by CandL »

Super!

Besides the search I listened to a couple of podcasts and I recall the discussion was lex and .... oh you were supposed to use bison too? So you listed a bunch 'o languages for the lex processing but FORTRAN was not one of them.

So after two strike, I asked here.

Thanks again.
barbara

Post by barbara »

So after two strike, I asked here

We try to say everything but sadly we miss on occasion. Thanks for taking the time to ask and feel free to keep asking questions.

Just in case someone finds this thread, DoxyPress can parse and document the following computer languages:

C, C++, Objective-C,C#
Fortran, Java,IDL (Corba and Microsoft)
Python,PHP, TCL

Output formats include: HTML, CHM, Docbook, Docset, Eclipse, LaTeX, Man, QtHelp, RTF, XML

Barbara