doxypress aborted with no reason given

Report any problems using DoxyPress or DoxyPressApp
marlowa

doxypress aborted with no reason given

Post by marlowa »

I tried to run doxypress on a large proprietary code base where doxygen is currently used. Doxypress said it finished but no artifacts were produced. I flipped the quiet switch off, re-ran and got more information. It said ** DoxyPress aborted. This was preceeded by the line: Computing dependencies between directories.

Now it is possible that the project has cyclic dependencies but IMHO this should not cause doxypress to give an error.

It looks to me like doxypress can abort without giving a reason and without even saying that it is aborting unless quiet is turned off.
barbara

Re: doxypress aborted with no reason given

Post by barbara »

I tried to run doxypress on a large proprietary code base... ** DoxyPress aborted. This was preceeded by the line: Computing dependencies between directories.
If you turn off the dot program setting for "directory-graph", do you have any issues?

I understand you are unable to provide the full source code but maybe there is a test case you can set up so it is repeatable. This would be the best way for us to resolve the issue. We have not been able to repeat this issue with any of our current unit tests, but we will keep looking around.
this should not cause doxypress to give an error.

Sadly there are times when programs will terminate with a problem. With some errors it is not always possible to list the issue before termination. When this happens we run from the command line or from GDB to narrow down where the problem occurred.

Barbara
marlowa

Post by marlowa »

barbara wrote:
I tried to run doxypress on a large proprietary code base... ** DoxyPress aborted. This was preceeded by the line: Computing dependencies between directories.
If you turn off the dot program setting for "directory-graph", do you have any issues?
I will give it a try and let you know.
I understand you are unable to provide the full source code but maybe there is a test case you can set up so it is repeatable. This would be the best way for us to resolve the issue. We have not been able to repeat this issue with any of our current unit tests, but we will keep looking around.
I am trying to build from source on my linux machine (mint 18.1 Serena with gcc 5.4.0) so I can debug it. But I am running into problems where it can't find the clang stuff.
this should not cause doxypress to give an error.

Sadly there are times when programs will terminate with a problem. With some errors it is not always possible to list the issue before termination. When this happens we run from the command line or from GDB to narrow down where the problem occurred.
Barbara
I understand, but my point was that I got more info when I turned off quiet mode. And IMHO it should always be possible to get the exit status of a process that an app starts.
marlowa

Post by marlowa »

marlowa wrote:
barbara wrote:
You were right, this turns out to be where the problem is. I do think this needs to be reported in a more user-friendly way.
marlowa

Post by marlowa »

marlowa wrote:
You were right, this turns out to be where the problem is. I do think this needs to be reported in a more user-friendly way.
Unfortunately, it's worse than I thought. When it claimed it completed ok, I believed it. However, later on I went to review the output and found much of it missing. There was no top level index file, though there are lots of subdirectories. It seems to have generated html for the header files but not for anything else. This is quite a serious issue.