Compilation error building codecs

Discuss issues related to installing or building
marlowa

Compilation error building codecs

Post by marlowa »

Hello everyone,

I am building copperspice 1.6.1 from source. After some trouble chasing dependencies I got cmake to produce the makefiles. It complained that mysql and postgres could not be find, even though they were installed, but these components seem to be optional so I pressed ahead with make and got the compilation error below:-

Scanning dependencies of target CsCore
[ 0%] Building CXX object src/core/CMakeFiles/CsCore.dir/animation/qabstractanimation.cpp.o
[ 0%] Building CXX object src/core/CMakeFiles/CsCore.dir/animation/qvariantanimation.cpp.o
[ 0%] Building CXX object src/core/CMakeFiles/CsCore.dir/animation/qpropertyanimation.cpp.o
[ 0%] Building CXX object src/core/CMakeFiles/CsCore.dir/animation/qanimationgroup.cpp.o
[ 0%] Building CXX object src/core/CMakeFiles/CsCore.dir/animation/qsequentialanimationgroup.cpp.o
[ 0%] Building CXX object src/core/CMakeFiles/CsCore.dir/animation/qparallelanimationgroup.cpp.o
[ 0%] Building CXX object src/core/CMakeFiles/CsCore.dir/animation/qpauseanimation.cpp.o
[ 0%] Building CXX object src/core/CMakeFiles/CsCore.dir/codecs/qisciicodec.cpp.o
[ 0%] Building CXX object src/core/CMakeFiles/CsCore.dir/codecs/qlatincodec.cpp.o
[ 0%] Building CXX object src/core/CMakeFiles/CsCore.dir/codecs/qsimplecodec.cpp.o
[ 0%] Building CXX object src/core/CMakeFiles/CsCore.dir/codecs/qtextcodec.cpp.o
/home/marlowa/Downloads/copperspice-1.6.1/src/core/codecs/qtextcodec.cpp:68:14: fatal error: ../../plugins/codecs/jp/qfontjpcodec.h: No such file or directory
# include "../../plugins/codecs/jp/qfontjpcodec.h"
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
src/core/CMakeFiles/CsCore.dir/build.make:302: recipe for target 'src/core/CMakeFiles/CsCore.dir/codecs/qtextcodec.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [src/core/CMakeFiles/CsCore.dir/codecs/qtextcodec.cpp.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:85: recipe for target 'src/core/CMakeFiles/CsCore.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [src/core/CMakeFiles/CsCore.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:151: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2
barbara

Re: Compilation error building codecs

Post by barbara »

Thanks for your inquiry. The codec issue ( qfontjpcodec.h ) was reported on github in December 2019 and resolved with commit 92bb7dd. We were asked last week if we could move our next CS build release up a bit. We are scheduled to release CopperSpice 1.6.2 by February 15.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Yes, mysql and postgres are both optional. CMake still has a few limitations for adjusting certain displayed messages. Can you let us know the exact message you received saying they were not found. We have not had a case where they were installed and not found. I am sure there is something someone on our team can look into.

Barbara
marlowa

Post by marlowa »

barbara wrote: Mon Feb 10 2020 4:50 am Thanks for your inquiry. The codec issue ( qfontjpcodec.h ) was reported on github in December 2019 and resolved with commit 92bb7dd. We were asked last week if we could move our next CS build release up a bit. We are scheduled to release CopperSpice 1.6.2 by February 15.
Sounds good. In which case I will take the opportunity to point out my recent enhancement request about the packaging:
I just downloaded and unpacked the latest copperspice source and noticed that it unpacks directly into the current directory. I was expecting it to unpack into a new directory named after copperspice and containing the version string. So until this aspect of the packaging is changed I will have to remember that copperspice tarballs are this way and put them into a directory suitably named that I create. Can this aspect be changed please?
marlowa

Post by marlowa »

barbara wrote: Mon Feb 10 2020 4:50 am Thanks for your inquiry. The codec issue ( qfontjpcodec.h ) was reported on github in December 2019 and resolved with commit 92bb7dd. We were asked last week if we could move our next CS build release up a bit. We are scheduled to release CopperSpice 1.6.2 by February 15.
Barbara
I am pleased to say that this issue is indeed resolved in 1.6.2. However, I found a small wrinkle where it was not able to detect libiconv. I fixed this by setting LDFLAGS to -L/usr/local/lib -liconv.
marlowa

Post by marlowa »

I spoke too soon. The build got further but still failed due to an iconv issue. You can see from the error that it picked up my value for LDFLAGS but it didn't quite do the trick:

[258/3834] Linking CXX shared library lib/libCsCore1.6.so
FAILED: lib/libCsCore1.6.so
: && /usr/bin/c++ -fPIC -O3 -DNDEBUG -L/usr/local/lib -liconv -Wl,--no-undefined -shared -Wl,-soname,libCsCore1.6.so -o lib/libCsCore1.6.so @CMakeFiles/CsCore.rsp && :
src/core/CMakeFiles/CsCore.dir/codecs/qiconvcodec.cpp.o: In function `QIconvCodec::IconvState::~IconvState()':
qiconvcodec.cpp:(.text+0x80f): undefined reference to `libiconv_close'
src/core/CMakeFiles/CsCore.dir/codecs/qiconvcodec.cpp.o: In function `QIconvCodec::createIconv_t(char const*, char const*)':