Pi4 Openbsd another iconv problem

Discuss issues related to installing or building
pwh

Pi4 Openbsd another iconv problem

Post by pwh »

Hi,

I know this is a architecture you do not support right now. But maybe in the future?

I am trying to compile copperspice on a raspberrypi4 running OpenBSD which uses ksh for shell.
My first problem was the error about "Unable to detect system architecture"

On this Forum I found advice given on (Copper Spice on M1 Mac) about adding these lines
#elif 1
#define Q_PROCESSOR_ARM 8

ARM 8 is the right one for the pi4 so I used it. That fixed that.

Then I started getting an error on not finding iconv.h. Even through I see CMake find it. Ninja seem
not to be able to. I found (iconv problems) in the Forum and looked at CMakeLists.txt file in
src/core for the fix that the thread said was added to github. But I do not see it in the file.
I added it, but it does not seem to fix my problem.

The elseif in the file seems to list all the BSDs as one. So I thought the fix, even through it
was done for FreeBSD would work on OpenBSD. I have the files you ask for in the (iconv problems)
Forum thread. And can send them if you want them. All clean run except the architecture #define
added to file.

Also getting one more error, but not sure if it is related to the iconv error.
ninja keeps compiling file after the iconv.h not found error and get this error
a few files later of.
"ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed."

Thanks for any help
Paul
barbara

Re: Pi4 Openbsd another iconv problem

Post by barbara »

Then I started getting an error on not finding iconv.h. Even through I see CMake find it. Ninja seem
not to be able to. I found (iconv problems) in the Forum and looked at CMakeLists.txt file in
src/core for the fix that the thread said was added to github. But I do not see it in the file.
I added it, but it does not seem to fix my problem.
Please tell us exactly which CMake files you modified and exactly what changes you made. We looked in the following file and found the path to the iconv libraries will be set if "iconv_libraries" is present.

Code: Select all

src/core/codecs/codecs.cmake

Can you provide a paste bin ( or email if that is easier ) a copy of your CMakeCache.txt file?

We are going to support Raspberry Pi and will be adding this to our CI. We have not decided on the exact OS as the client has not finalized their decision yet. Do you have a set up where you can test building CopperSpice with OpenBSD on X86 hardware?

Barbara
pwh

Post by pwh »

Thank you for the help.

email would be the easiest for me. But what email address? The other thread had email to <info@copperspice.com>, but I can not find any email addresses on you web page. I have the CMakeCache.txt file, the CMake screen output and the ninja screen output. I will include the file you ask for also.

I plan on doing this also for OpenBSD x86, if I am successful, but just don't have the time at the moment.

Paul
barbara

Post by barbara »

Yes, the email you listed is the correct one to use.

info @ copperspice.com

Thanks.
pwh

Post by pwh »

I emailed the files had them zipped, if that does not make it passed you email server, I can send them not zipped

Paul
pwh

Post by pwh »

For the time being I hardcoded a complete path to iconv.h in qiconvcodec_p.h. I think the problem is cmake finds it but for some reason when it build the ninja makefiles it must be pointing to /usr/include instead of /usr/local/include which is where openbsd has it. It is not a part of the base system so has to be added with the package manager and /usr/local is where all packages go. That got me farther. I compiled over 350 files then hit an LLVM error. I think there is a problem with the LLVM port to ARM on openbsd. I am looking into that. Like a say I am new to unix type system programing so it takes me a while to understand what is wanted in error reports sometimes.