I'm a new user and willing to try CopperSpice out. I am on windows 10 and have downloaded the 32 bit binaries.
I want to use Qt Creator and mingw to create GUI apps. I tried to follow the instructions here https://www.copperspice.com/docs/cs_overview/sample-toolchain.html , but I get the error that Ninja is missing when I try to build KitchenSink.
Here is what I have done :
- Downloaded and Installed Copperspice 1.6. Install Directory is C:\CopperSpice
- I have mingw installed in C:\MinGW (Was using it for other projects). My mingw installation wraps around these basic tools ( binutils 2.33.1, GCC 9.2.0, mingw-w64 7.0.0).
- I have mysys64 installed in C:\msys64
- I have Qt creator 4.11.0 Installed and Configuring a copperspice kit as per https://www.copperspice.com/docs/cs_overview/sample-toolchain.html. However it seems the Qt creator user interface has changed since the guide was written , and I tried to match the instruction as much as I could. Here is a screenshot of my configuration : https://i.ibb.co/xzy4BMX/creator.png
- I have CMake 3.16 installed at the specified directory.
and I believe what I might be missing is Ninja. I'm not a wizard in build systems and CMake so I might be missing something here ?
Code: Select all
Running Windows Runtime device detection. No winrtrunner.exe found. Running Windows Runtime device detection. No winrtrunner.exe found. Running Windows Runtime device detection. No winrtrunner.exe found. 2020-04-13T08:23:24 Clang Code Model: Error: The clangbackend executable "C:\Qt\Qt5.14.0\Tools\QtCreator\bin\clangbackend.exe" could not be started (timeout after 10000ms). Running C:\Program Files\CMake\bin\cmake.exe C:/Users/Gakwaya/Downloads/KitchenSink-1.6.3 -GNinja "-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:STRING=Debug" "-DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER:STRING=C:/MinGW/bin/g++.exe" "-DCMAKE_C_COMPILER:STRING=C:/MinGW/bin/gcc.exe" "-DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH:STRING=C:\CopperSpice\cmake\copperspice" in C:\Users\Gakwaya\AppData\Local\Temp\QtCreator-bagtBB\qtc-cmake-cNKiACYY. CMake Error: CMake was unable to find a build program corresponding to "Ninja". CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM is not set. You probably need to select a different build tool. -- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred! See also "C:/Users/Gakwaya/AppData/Local/Temp/QtCreator-bagtBB/qtc-cmake-cNKiACYY/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log". CMake process exited with exit code 1.
Would anybody help point out what I'm doing wrong or missing?