[SOLVED] error: conflicting types for 'FT_Get_Name_Index'

Discuss issues related to installing or building
gh_origin

[SOLVED] error: conflicting types for 'FT_Get_Name_Index'

Post by gh_origin »

This is on FreeBSD, after I used the ugly symlink fix for -liconv.

Code: Select all

36%] Building C object src/gui/CMakeFiles/CsGui.dir/__/3rdparty/freetype/src/base/ftbase.c.o
In file included from /BUILD/COPPERSPICE/src/3rdparty/freetype/src/base/ftbase.c:29:
/BUILD/COPPERSPICE/src/3rdparty/freetype/src/base/ftobjs.c:3594:3: error: conflicting types for 'FT_Get_Name_Index'
  FT_Get_Name_Index( FT_Face     face,
  ^
/usr/local/include/freetype/freetype.h:3943:3: note: previous declaration is here
  FT_Get_Name_Index( FT_Face           face,
  ^
In file included from /BUILD/COPPERSPICE/src/3rdparty/freetype/src/base/ftbase.c:30:
/BUILD/COPPERSPICE/src/3rdparty/freetype/src/base/ftoutln.c:328:5: warning: implicit declaration of function 'FT_Outline_Done_Internal' is invalid in C99
      [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
    FT_Outline_Done_Internal( memory, anoutline );
    ^
1 warning and 1 error generated.
gh_origin

Re: [SOLVED] error: conflicting types for 'FT_Get_Name_Index'

Post by gh_origin »

This is my build environment problem, not related to CopperSpice. I also build other software on this build environment, not just CopperSpice. I created these symlinks as a workaround to be able to build one of the software:

Code: Select all

doas ln -s /usr/local/include/freetype2/freetype /usr/local/include/freetype
doas ln -s /usr/local/include/freetype2/ft2build.h /usr/local/include/ft2build.h
It turned out they caused problems with CopperSpice. Removing them solved the error.
ansel

Re: [SOLVED] error: conflicting types for 'FT_Get_Name_Index'

Post by ansel »

We'd just like to confirm that this entire issue was not related to CopperSpice so there is nothing we need to look at with freetype.
Ansel Sermersheim
CopperSpice Cofounder