How to generate the API documenation from source?

Discuss issues related to installing or building
bankai

How to generate the API documenation from source?

Post by bankai »

Hello Barbara, Ansel,

You released CopperSpice 1.9.0 a few days ago (congratulations!). However, I am still developing with 1.8.2 and I wanted to have the API documentation for that version installed locally (essentially what you have on https://www.copperspice.com/docs/cs_api/index.html but then for the previous version).

Unfortunately the downloads have been deleted from your server already, so I tried to regenerate the documation from source with doxypress. That kinda works, but the documentation contains a lot of extra stuff that's normally not there (like extra namespaces, class hierarchy, AVF* classes), but more importantly the documentation of the functions themselves is missing.

So, rather than me trying all 425 different options in doyxpress.json to get the correct output, can you tell me what the correct options are, or better still give us the file you use to generate your API documentation?

Thanks in advance.
barbara

Re: How to generate the API documenation from source?

Post by barbara »

We continuously improve and update the CS API documentation as we find better ways to explain how a particular class or method works. You may find the CS 1.9 actually provides some useful information which was not available in the prior documentation. However since we are providing the CS 1.8.2 binary files and source files, your point about keeping the docs available makes a lot of sense.

I have uploaded compressed files to our CS download page so you can keep the documentation locally. We will keep these files on the download page until our next LTS release.

cs_api_1.8.2.tar.bz2
cs_api_1.8.2.zip

https://download.copperspice.com/copperspice/documentation/
bankai

Re: How to generate the API documenation from source?

Post by bankai »

Thank you, much appreciated.