Environment: Macos 13.6.1 (Ventura)
- Start GUI example 18 in the Copperspice Journal from a terminal.
- A window with different types of text edit boxes appears.
- Select some text in the topmost box.
- Right-click on selection to get context menu.
- Chose copy
- Immediately, left-click outside the context menu.
- The program crashes.
- The terminal displays the following:
- QObject::connect() QTextControl::paste(): Unable to connect to a slot with a default parameter
- QNSView mouseDragged: Internal mouse button tracking invalid (missing Qt::LeftButton)
- Segmentation fault: 11
The user would not be given enough time to make a "rougue" click outside the menu. In the event it can happen, it should be handled gracefully.
It seems you only need a context menu with with at least one menu item that can be chosen. So, not selecting text and choosing any available item from the menu results in the same behaviour.