Compilation error building codecs

Discuss issues related to installing or building
marlowa

Compilation error building codecs

Post by marlowa »

Hello everyone,

I am building copperspice 1.6.1 from source. After some trouble chasing dependencies I got cmake to produce the makefiles. It complained that mysql and postgres could not be find, even though they were installed, but these components seem to be optional so I pressed ahead with make and got the compilation error below:-

Scanning dependencies of target CsCore
[ 0%] Building CXX object src/core/CMakeFiles/CsCore.dir/animation/qabstractanimation.cpp.o
[ 0%] Building CXX object src/core/CMakeFiles/CsCore.dir/animation/qvariantanimation.cpp.o
[ 0%] Building CXX object src/core/CMakeFiles/CsCore.dir/animation/qpropertyanimation.cpp.o
[ 0%] Building CXX object src/core/CMakeFiles/CsCore.dir/animation/qanimationgroup.cpp.o
[ 0%] Building CXX object src/core/CMakeFiles/CsCore.dir/animation/qsequentialanimationgroup.cpp.o
[ 0%] Building CXX object src/core/CMakeFiles/CsCore.dir/animation/qparallelanimationgroup.cpp.o
[ 0%] Building CXX object src/core/CMakeFiles/CsCore.dir/animation/qpauseanimation.cpp.o
[ 0%] Building CXX object src/core/CMakeFiles/CsCore.dir/codecs/qisciicodec.cpp.o
[ 0%] Building CXX object src/core/CMakeFiles/CsCore.dir/codecs/qlatincodec.cpp.o
[ 0%] Building CXX object src/core/CMakeFiles/CsCore.dir/codecs/qsimplecodec.cpp.o
[ 0%] Building CXX object src/core/CMakeFiles/CsCore.dir/codecs/qtextcodec.cpp.o
/home/marlowa/Downloads/copperspice-1.6.1/src/core/codecs/qtextcodec.cpp:68:14: fatal error: ../../plugins/codecs/jp/qfontjpcodec.h: No such file or directory
# include "../../plugins/codecs/jp/qfontjpcodec.h"
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
src/core/CMakeFiles/CsCore.dir/build.make:302: recipe for target 'src/core/CMakeFiles/CsCore.dir/codecs/qtextcodec.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [src/core/CMakeFiles/CsCore.dir/codecs/qtextcodec.cpp.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:85: recipe for target 'src/core/CMakeFiles/CsCore.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [src/core/CMakeFiles/CsCore.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:151: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

barbara

Re: Compilation error building codecs

Post by barbara »

Thanks for your inquiry. The codec issue ( qfontjpcodec.h ) was reported on github in December 2019 and resolved with commit 92bb7dd. We were asked last week if we could move our next CS build release up a bit. We are scheduled to release CopperSpice 1.6.2 by February 15.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Yes, mysql and postgres are both optional. CMake still has a few limitations for adjusting certain displayed messages. Can you let us know the exact message you received saying they were not found. We have not had a case where they were installed and not found. I am sure there is something someone on our team can look into.

Barbara

marlowa

Re: Compilation error building codecs

Post by marlowa »

barbara wrote:
Mon Feb 10 2020 4:50 am
Thanks for your inquiry. The codec issue ( qfontjpcodec.h ) was reported on github in December 2019 and resolved with commit 92bb7dd. We were asked last week if we could move our next CS build release up a bit. We are scheduled to release CopperSpice 1.6.2 by February 15.
Sounds good. In which case I will take the opportunity to point out my recent enhancement request about the packaging:
I just downloaded and unpacked the latest copperspice source and noticed that it unpacks directly into the current directory. I was expecting it to unpack into a new directory named after copperspice and containing the version string. So until this aspect of the packaging is changed I will have to remember that copperspice tarballs are this way and put them into a directory suitably named that I create. Can this aspect be changed please?