Wishes and a question.

Discuss how to use the Diamond Editor
Navadvipa Chandra d

Wishes and a question.

Post by Navadvipa Chandra d »

Hare Krishna all!

1. What are "Preset folders" for? Why only 15, not an endless list?

2. Diamond General Options -> Options -> Tab Spaсing - 3 minimum not good. I always use 2 spaces equal to one tab character!

3. There are no regular expressions in the search and in the search and replace! And sometimes they are needed.

4. There is no flight from bracket to bracket.
For example, usually the keys Ctrl + [and Ctrl +] fly from one bracket to another! This is an editor for programmers, but for them it is important.

5. Vertical blocks of text selection are drawn incorrectly when the block captures a short line and moves to the left. It works correctly, but the text itself "goes to the left" on short lines. By the way -
vertical blocks are very slow.

6. It is very good to be able to instantly open the #include file when You press, for example, the Ctrl + Enter key. For example, place the cursor on the line #include <map>, press Ctrl + Enter and we have an additional tab with the file map.h.
Only then you need to have a special variable, for example IncludePath, to know where to look for files. This is a very necessary opportunity.

7. It is also very good to have a special key for instant switching between the paired files "cpp" and "h" or "hpp". For example, press Ctrl + F6 and fly from the file MyFile.cpp to the file MyFile.h.
Again, press Ctrl + F6 and fly from MyFile.h to MyFile.cpp. Such is the peculiarity of programming in C ++ and we must not forget about it!

Overall, Diamond makes a very good impression. It seems bright and simple.

Hare Krishna!
Thank you!
With best regards, Navadvipa Chandra das.
barbara

Re: Wishes and a question.

Post by barbara »

1. What are "Preset folders" for? Why only 15, not an endless list?
It would be ineffective and awkward for a menu to be so large. However, this is an open source product and you free to change in your copy.

2. Diamond General Options -> Options -> Tab Spaсing - 3 minimum not good. I always use 2 spaces equal to one tab character!
I understand that three spaces is not what you want, however it is not incorrect. Two spaces is never what a tab is equal to and programmers should be using spaces and not tabs. Again, this is an open source program so you can change it.

4. There is no flight from bracket to bracket.
Sorry, I am not sure what a "flight" is referring to.

5. Vertical blocks of text selection are drawn incorrectly when the block captures a short line and moves to the left. It works correctly, but the text itself "goes to the left" on short lines.
I am unclear about what you believe is not working or what is not working the way you want. You are saying it is drawn incorrectly and yet it works correctly.

7. It is also very good to have a special key for instant switching between the paired files "cpp" and "h"
If there are features you would like added to the Diamond program we are happy to review any pull request you would like to submit on github.

Thanks,

Barbara
Navadvipa Chandra d

Hare Krishna, Barbara and All!

I began to "fly out" without any warnings Diamond, when the menu "File" is called. This is similar to the abort () function. How to work further is unclear. I probably need to look for the settings file and delete it.

brackets:
“Fly” means moving the input cursor from one bracket to another, a pair of braces to it!
(.....) or {.......} or <...........> or [..........]

About vertical block:
https://dropmefiles.com/DnYLf

Hare Krishna!
Thank You!
barbara

Post by barbara »

I began to "fly out" without any warnings Diamond, when the menu "File" is called.
There is no computer term called "fly out". Are you looking for technical support for Diamond as a user or are you a C++ developer?

I do not mean to be questioning your motives but I am unclear what you are looking for. For extended support or to have our team make custom changes please consider purchasing a support subscription. This information is available on our web site.

Barbara
Navadvipa Chandra d

Hare Krishna, Barabara and All!

I can’t control the quality of Google translation. I can describe in Russian. English is provided by an online translator. Just wanted you to improve Diamond a bit. Excuse me, please.

Hare Krishna! Thank You!
barbara

Post by barbara »

I can’t control the quality of Google translation. I can describe in Russian. English is provided by an online translator. Just wanted you to improve Diamond a bit.
Thanks, this does help us understand why some of your comments were a bit unusual. If you need a Russian / English translator we can provide a few names to help you out. Please email privately if you are interested.

Barbara